Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Egg Cups

Photobucket

I for the most part eat really, really healthy. As I have said before, I am a dieting pro and know what to eat and what not to eat and everything inbetween.....but....I cant say no to bacon. I just love it! Bacon, eggs and toast is a perfect weekend breakfast to me so when I saw this recipe I knew i need to make it asap (and I also knew Bret would love me forever if I made this for him)!

Egg Cups:

Ingredients:
-eggs (1 for each egg cup)
-bread (1 piece for each egg cup)
-bacon (1 slice for each egg cup)
-salt and pepper (to taste)
-lowfat cheese
-spray butter/butter


Directions:

1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2) Spray a muffin tin with non stick spray
3) Take your bread and place it on a plate. Take any random cup you have and place it on top of the bread and make little cut out's
Photobucket

Photobucket
(should look like this)

4) Start lightly cooking your bacon on the stove. Just about 2-3 minutes will do.
Photobucket

5) Take your bread circles and spray them on both sides with spray butter (optional but I thought it made them taste way better).

6)Squish the bread into your muffin tins.
Photobucket

7) Take the slightly cooked bacon and wrap it in a circle around the bread (we once over cooked the bacon and it ended up coming apart in 3 pieces and it still tasted totally fine)
Photobucket

8) Put them in the oven for about 2-3 mins
9) Sprinkle some cheese inside the egg cup (optional..I really didn't taste the cheese at all so I don't know if it was worth the added calories)
10) Take out of the oven and begin separating your eggs yolks from the whites. Each egg cup gets 1 yolk.
11) Salt and pepper to your liking
Photobucket

12) Put back in the oven for about 8 minutes. Don't over cook the egg (like we did the 2nd time we made these) cause then it's not ooey gooey and not nearly as delish!

13) Let sit for a minute, take out and enjoy!!

Photobucket


3 comments:

  1. THAT LOOKS SOO GOOD!!! I'm going to try. Thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these look delicious and even easy enough to bake! thanks for the idea girl!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. this. looks. so. delicious. i wish i wasnt in a dorm and i could make them! so jealous...
    xoxo
    cassie

    studyinginheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete