Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

Hairspray at the Bowl



Friday night my mom and I celebrated her 60th birthday by going to the Hollywood Bowl and seeing Hairspray! I loved the movie and really really enjoy the soundtrack so I knew this would be fun too! My mom packed a picnic of caprese sandwiches and fruit salad and I brought a nice bottle of wine that i THOUGHT would be delish....wrong! I hated it but luckily the birthday girl loved it :)
(our view..thank goodness they have screens on the side and I have a zoom on my camera!)

(Marissa Jaret Winokur as Tracy Turnblad and Nick Jonas as Link Larkin)

(Harvey Fierstein as Edna Turnblad and Drew Carey as
Wilbur Turnblad)

(John Stamos as Corny Collins)


We really enjoyed the whole play and had a great time. The crowd went CRAZY for Nick Jonas but I went crazy for John Stamos. Mmm Uncle Jesse, still so hot..but not as hot as Bret, of course! Harvey Firestein gave me the heebie jeebies...not only because he is a man dressed as a woman but because of that voice of his. Eeek! He did well though. Drew Carey was alright, as was John Stamos and Corbin Bleu (great dancer though!) but I thought Nick Jonas was great and so was the ex-American Idol Diana DeGarmo.

(caprese sammy with onions..everything tastes 300 times better with onions! We decided that next time we'll add a portabello mushroom to the mix)

(who needs a birthday cake or a cupcake when you can have a macaroon instead?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment